Sunday, August 06, 2006

Air Canada and Westjet.

Just back from a holiday to Canada. Few Air Canada from London to Toronto.

I'm afraid I have to say I found them to be one of the worst long haul carriers I have ever flown with.
  • Old plane (Boeing 767)
  • Poor food
  • Little legroom
  • No individual video screens.
  • Very few video screens per section means you can have a bad view of screen (as we did).
  • On both outward and return journey the headphone socket did not work correctly (had to hold it constantly to get it to work)
  • very poor film selection (including original 1978 superman, and 1989 Batman).
As part of the same holiday we also flew WestJet internally from Toronto to Charlottetown PEI. The difference was huge.
  • Modern planes.
  • Individual video screens.
  • Satelite tv channels available to your individual video screen
  • Westjet staff were exceptional.
The flight from toronto to Charlottetown was the most enjoyable fight I was ever on. The lead flilght attendent (I belive her name was Cara) has a future career as a stand up comedian. Who would have thought a sercurity briefing could be so funny. I have never seen passengers pay so much attention to it before. (I must also stress that it was still completely professional and covered all the aspects required).

So its WestJet 1 Air Canada 0. I know who I'll be flying with in future.

No comments: